Friday 6 September 2013

Bonding. In more ways than one.

What should I blog about this week? The fact that the back of the house is currently on stilts? When I sit in my office, as now, I can feel the floor sloping away beneath me...



Or that Youngest went to secondary school for the first time on Wednesday morning? Since then he has actually got up and showered ON TIME. Okay, so that's only two days - early doors - but it's going remarkably well so far, and he came back smiling and keen to get on and cover his books... Actually, that's keen for me to get on and cover his books, but at least he was being conscientious. Sort of.



About going to Brixton to meet a rapper called Potent Whisper and setting up a shoot to make two videos?



About how, against all odds, I'm managing to cook stupendous meals on two electric Baby Belling rings for a family of five every night? (Though I say so myself.)


(Cod with bacon and herby butter.)

My observation that summer holidays are not long enough? You need more than two weeks. It takes two days to get over the journey and acclimatise. You start thinking about packing and going home again on Wednesday of week two. So really an average 14 day holiday is only 9 days, by my reckoning. And then you need another holiday to get over the journey back and all the unpacking and washing.



Or about how we all bonded over the summer in more ways than one because I bought the complete James Bond DVD box set and Eldest and I have so far watched: You Only Live Twice, Live and Let Die, Goldfinger, Octopussy, On Her Majesty's Secret Service and Golden Eye in very quick succession? 

Consequently I have come to the earth-shattering conclusions that Octopussy is utter garbage, On Her Majesty's Secret Service is really rather good, even if it is George Lazenby, Roger Moore is not sexy (no surprise there then) and neither is Pierce Brosnan because he's too groomed and girly. It's Sean and Daniel for me every time. Preferably together.





I can't decide which to blog about, so I won't bother with any of it. 

Till next time...

Bye!

Love E x


Twitter @DOESNOTDOIT


Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/I-Dont-Know-How-She-Doesnt-Do-It/547812378582001

1 comment:

  1. Thunderball has a Vulcan bomber in it, so it is probably the best film of the lot. But the Vulcan was a genuine Cold War hero, far more powerful and dangerous than any Bond villain, louder too.

    Any chance of a recipe for the cod/bacon creation?

    At least the house looks as if it is coming along.

    ReplyDelete